SHIPPING & REFUNDS
We are currently working on shipping abilities. To see if your order qualifies for shipping at this time, please give us a call.
REFUND POLICY/ORDER AGREEMENT
1. Your initial deposit (45% of total cost or a minimum of $30 whichever is greater) reserves your event date and is non-refundable and applied towards the total balance.
2. Any remaining balance must be paid by the stated date, typically two (2) weeks prior to event; or order will not be filled, contract is null and void, and deposit will not be refunded.
3. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style, flavors, or decor of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
4. Any order received by MC Custom Cakes with less than a weeks notice is done as a courtesy to our valued customers. There is no guarantee the order will reflect typical work done by MC Custom Cakes and will essentially be done as is due to time frame requirements that will not allow for any changes that may typically be done and order will be charged a $15 Last Minute Order Fee.
5. Although it is not a common occurrence, cakes with fillings may become mushy, cause sinking or pouching, and tiered cakes may sink. Cakes made with fondant may be difficult to cut and cause cake to tear or be smashed. There is no guarantee edible pictures, fondant, or icing will be exact color desired as it is difficult to achieve specific colors, especially dark colors.
6. MC Custom Cakes is not responsible for damage to the cake after our setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate, secure, and stable table for the cake(s) before I arrive, as they are heavy and should not be moved after setup. It is your responsibility to make sure the cake is not in direct sunlight, venue temperature is cool (optimal temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit or below), or cake is refrigerated if not eaten immediately after delivery. Heat and humidity will cause cake, fondant and structures to melt, sink, slide, stretch, bubble and/or disintegrate.
7. If flowers, silk or fresh, or other products are used; you acknowledge they are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. You then assume all liability for any contaminants, damage, or incorrect placement or use of the products added. It is your responsibility to inform your florist the flowers will be used on the cake. I recommend that the flowers not be inserted into or directly laid onto surface of the cake and that you and your florist jointly are in contact with your direct MC Custom Cakes representative to ensure the cake theme and colors flow appropriately and accurately as possible.
8. If your cake requires equipment such as columns, cake plates, stands, fountains, etc., a security deposit and rental fee will be charged in order to ensure timely return in the same condition borrowed. The deposit will be refunded at the time equipment is returned, no later than one (1) week after the event has commenced, provided the equipment is in the same condition it was borrowed. Photos of the equipment are taken before and after use to ensure fairness to both parties. If there is damage to equipment or equipment is not returned by specified date, you acknowledge that you then forfeit your security deposit.
9. If you elect to pick up the cake(s), you assume all responsibility and liability for the condition and happenings of the cake(s) once the cake(s) leave the possession of MC Custom Cakes by either you or your designee. Should you choose for someone to pick up the cake for you, you will call and notify MC Custom Cakes with the name of the person you are designating to pick up the cake.
10. Although we take all precautions to prevent any contamination, our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and/or other allergens. You agree that it is your responsibility to inform your guests of this risk and hold MC Custom Cakes harmless for any allergic reactions that might occur.
11. MC Custom Cakes does photograph our products and reserves the right to use any and all photographs for display and/or promotion for MC Custom Cakes and joint parties.
12. MC Custom Cakes is committed to providing the highest quality, service, and satisfaction possible to our customers; however, if a problem should arise, you agree to refrain from slander and respectfully call and notify MC Custom Cakes IMMEDIATELY. If this is not done, any attempt to rectify the situation by full or partial refund or by any compensation deemed reasonable, will not be applicable.